Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rapoza Rants - October 3, 2009

Rapoza Rants
October 3, 2009
By Gill Rapoza

I enjoy writing my own articles. I don’t seem to get around to writing near as often as I probably should. Sometimes it just seems all the good stuff was already written, or I just don’t have a topic to spend time on. And I am never quite satisfied with the shorter articles I have written.

This time around, I am just going to rant a little. A little of this and that which crosses my mind here and there, and perhaps yours. Hopefully we get a little humor out of the sarcasm.

This may be a reoccurring format on this blog.


Ø Health Care Bill
I saw the health care bill and I even have a copy. Most of it irks me. Chances are real good I have read more of it that most of the folks that are promoting it. Let me be plain – it sucks big time and it can kill you! It is less about health than controlling our lives. To the politicians who love this stuff: leave us alone! People are not dying en-mass in these United States for lack of a government run health care system. We don’t need to be counseled on how many children we need or when we have them; we don’t need to have some government official or appointed group choosing how much care we get. And just how many of the presidential Czars with published works that say they are in favor of euthanasia? Not counting the Czar that said he was a Communist and got hired anyhow?

Why do the political dolts think they can offer the rest of us marriage and family therapy? Yes that is in there too. Too many of them in high office have not figured out how to keep their own pants on when not alone with their spouse, so I don’t see them doing the rest of us any favors. Sleeping with reporters or “campaign aids” does not count as setting good moral examples.

These same people can not make the Medic-Aid or Social Security work; the US Post Office System has been failing forever; so why would we trust the government to get it right this time too? They won’t! The folks in charge are about to cut mail delivery and they will cut your health care and your life too if the un-elected autocrats decide it is no longer cost effective. Oh, and the “stimulus” money is now being used to hire people for the summer to preach national healthcare!

Ø End Of Life Counseling (in the Health Care Bill)
I also read the part about “end of life counseling” in the health care bill. I will decide what to do with whatever care I need. I don’t need any one in the government to help me. And if I am unable to do so, I will rely on my family, who is wiser and more caring than any government advisor.

And who is the government to decide when that time is near? There are a lot of us in my family that live well past the averages. I plan on being one of those, God willing. So if you work for the government, unless you are the Angel of Death, sent by the Lord Almighty, you need go knock on another door. I know my options. I suggest you work yours out on your own. I don’t see any of the US Congress changing their own health plans.

Ø Politicians
Most politicians in high office are lawyers. That means they went to school long enough to get a degree in law so they can tell the rest of us what to do. They don’t really know any more than the rest of us, but I guess it looks good on paper. Most of them have never worked an honest day in their pathetic lives from what I can tell.

And they are an unhappy lot. If you ever see them on TV or in person, it will be to tell you what is wrong with the system. A lot of them have ideas that are retreads or various retelling of what other losers said before. None of the ideas really work as a rule, but they will sell them over and over again anyhow. The key to getting people to believe them (and vote them in again) is to tell the voters two things. One, is that the promising hero politician will get them more of whatever the benefit of the month is. And two, they will take the money from the rich people (or company – take your pick).

As a rule politicians are in it for the power and perhaps for the side money they get. Why else would they spend so many millions (usually not their own money) on a job that pays only a fraction of what they would earn on it. And often enough, I do not believe that the guy or gal you see leading the charge are the one really in charge. They answer to other too. Unfortunately most do not seem to think it is the American people. They forgot that they work for us. We should recall that around election time.


Gill Rapoza
Veritas Vos Liberabit
http://grapoza.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment