Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Dying For Islam

Hello All,

Coach Daubenmire makes his usual good point. I have wondered the same. Who are we fighting? What in the world is the war on terror anyhow?

I too have no problem with a good fight. We do what we must. But I would much rather say what we are doing. We fight against the Muslims who would kill us. I’m personally not worried about who is offended because of what we say. I like the idea that my family and I, and this great nation come out of all this in one stable piece.

Gill Rapoza

Veritas Vos Liberabit

http://grapoza.blogspot.com/



Dying For Islam

By Coach Dave Daubenmire

October 1, 2009

NewsWithViews.com

http://www.newswithviews.com/Daubenmire/dave170.htm

I know that as a “conservative” I am supposed to be for the war. Somewhere along the road to freedom war became an expression of Christian values.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am not a peacenik, nor opposed to military action whenever it is Biblically justified. But I have to tell you, I have never been a supporter of the war to “spread democracy.” I believe that because of the emotion associated with the attacks of 911, we entered into a “war” without a clearly identified opponent, with a foggy vision of what it would look like, and without a clear understanding of the mission.

Terrorism cannot be an opponent. Terrorism is a technique. Fighting a “war on terror” is far too indiscriminate and nebulous to be effectively targeted.


Gill Rapoza

Veritas Vos Liberabit

http://grapoza.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment