Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2015

Marriage - Still One Man and One Woman Under God

Marriage - Still One Man and One Woman Under God
(originally posted on 6-26-15)

Hello 92251 List Members,

I got a phone call from one of the list members around 9:30 this morning telling me that the highest court made the horrible decision many thought they would concerning marriage.  I thought it could have gone either way, so I was not surprised when I heard it went bad.  I will probably have more in the next few days or next week, but for now I will have this much to say.

If the legal (is it?) ruling is that five out of nine judges, some of whom clearly had open biases and should have recused themselves, now say they can overrule what is Biblical and Godly in our nation, then I have some decisions to make.  Unless and until this horrid ruling is overturned, I will no longer officiate at ANY wedding where I would need to say the persons involved are married under this newly minted judicial law.  If they say the definition of marriage is also man and man, or woman and woman, then I can not honor that ruling.  It is against what God has said.  I plan on no longer signing ANY marriage document that says it comes from ANY gov agency.  I will however, officiate at Biblical covenant weddings where I will say the couple are married UNDER GOD.  I will only officiate weddings where I can reasonably determine I would be honoring Biblical marriage.  I believe that based on Scripture that there is nothing else I would be permitted to do.

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’
5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?
6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
Matthew 19 4-6

In the meantime, I believe that five individuals who are allowed to speak for our nation are daring the Wrath of God.

Godspeed,

Gill Rapoza
Veritas Vos Liberabit
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=


No comments:

Post a Comment